Last updated: April 23, 2021
As a modern trade union, we are able to adapt to constant changes to the world of work, and support people throughout their lives, not just while they are in work. Unlike many other unions that specialise in specific job markets, Community is proud to be an inclusive organisation; welcoming anyone as a member, regardless of their situation or where they live.
Hundreds of our members joined the union when they first started work and have retained their membership throughout their whole working life. At Community we understand that while everyone retires, not every retirement is the same. That is why we are committed to continuing to support you throughout your retirement.
Just some of the things we can do to support you through your retirement include:
- A free will writing service, to help you ensure your family’s security for the future.
- Our LifeChange benefit, which was created to give members a little extra help at key moments in your life. Find out more here.
- Training and learning opportunities. Find out more here.
- Discounts and savings at hundreds of retailers including; National Trust and English Heritage, the AA, Virgin Experience and in a range of areas including; health and fitness, insurance, motoring and travel. Find out more here.
- Advice and support on issues that may affect you into your retirement such as; your rights as a consumer, spotting scams and neighbour disputes.
- A network and great way of keeping in touch with old friends and colleagues through our retired branches.
Our membership contributions for our retired members are reduced, reflecting your income. You can see more information here.
We’re fighting for a better working world, and we want you to join us.
For more information, contact email@example.com