Following the successful transfer of BCSA into Community Union back in July 2019 we have been able to offer additional benefits, services, and support to you.
We are now looking to centralise all union subscriptions payments over to Direct Debit. This will allow us to free up resource where needed to support our members needs in other areas of the union and therefore, we are asking BCSA Community section members to switch over from Standing Order to Direct Debit.
There will be no rate change, it is very easy to do and will only take a couple of minutes of your time.
According to our records we do not have an email address for you and have not been able to speak top you over the phone, so we have contacted you via text message and will send you a second text message containing your bespoke link to setting up your direct debit with Community. All you need to do is follow the 2 steps below.
1. Set up a monthly Direct Debit – click on your secure link sent via text message from “Community TU” follow the online instructions and complete the steps needed to set up your monthly Direct Debit. You will need your bank account and sort code to hand.
Your secure hyperlink is unique to you and once clicked on will allow you to go through various steps to enable you to setup up your Direct Debit. When you click on the link it will open in your web browser, from there you will be able to select to say whether your circumstances have changed and you will see your current rate displayed. Then complete the rest of the steps on the following pages to set up your Direct Debit.
2. Cancel your existing standing order – Once you have done this you will need to contact your bank and cancel the monthly Standing Order you have set up to “Blue Chip Staff Association BCSA” before the end of the month. We are unable to cancel this on your behalf due to it being set up as a standing order.
Your new Direct Debit will show as “Community Union” going forward. Should any monies be overpaid by mistake, they will be refunded.
As mentioned since the successful transfer of BCSA into Community Union back in July 2019 we have been able to offer additional benefits, services and support that you have access to as a BCSA section Community member. This is support including but not limited to;
- More resource, a dedicated member service centre for all initial union enquiries and support
- The Life Change bonus which accrues your membership and pays out at key periods of your life
- Additional discounts and savings at places like the AA and with ASOS
- A stronger voice campaigning nationally in your interests around things like automation and equalities
- The baby bonus and child benefit scheme
- Free will and reduced rate conveyancing
As a BCSA section Community member you can still access:
- Representation, guidance and support in your workplace from an experienced team of advisers
- Legal support
- Learning and training opportunities to help you succeed at work and beyond
We’re are here to support you throughout your life – even as your circumstances change.