Community is running a Christmas present appeal, collecting donated presents for families who can’t afford Christmas presents for their children. Please help us spread the joy of Christmas and give a child a gift.
We will be collecting donations until Friday 16th December.
Here are a few guidelines when donating:
- The best kinds of presents are a low cost and value of £5 – £10 each.
- Age group is 0-18 years. Babies and teenagers are often forgotten.
- All toys need to be new. We are unable to accept second-hand toys or books in any condition.
- Gift ideas:
- Children love characters from films and TV programmes like Harry Potter, Disney characters, superhero for example.
- Toiletry sets for girls and boys; Lynx sets go down well with teenage boys.
- Please do not buy make up in case they have allergic reactions or skin conditions which means they can’t be used. Nail varnishes etc are great gifts.
- Sensory and fidget toys such as poppets and spinners.
- Mindful themed colouring and puzzle books for teens.
- Colouring books for younger children.
- Individual craft items for example pack of pencils or crayons.
- Please do not wrap the gifts, this will allow gifts to be matched appropriately. You can donate wrapping paper or gifts bags.
Drop off times 9.30am to 4pm. Please do call before dropping off presents.
Please drop off gifts at your local regional office, or one of the additional drop off points below.
Additional drop off points:
ShipShape Community Hub: Stables, Sharrow Lane, Sheffield, S11 8AE
Phone: 0114 250 0222
Crispin Community Centre, 4 Leigh Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0HA
Phone: 01458 447248
If you are a member of Community and need help or advice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 389 6332.