Community is a campaigning union. Together, we campaign on issues that affect our members. When they join together for a common cause, we have a strong collective voice, fighting for a better working world.
We use our strong collective voice and our resources to secure better, safer and more equal workplaces – negotiating for improved pay and terms and conditions, proper health and safety practices to keep us all safe, and for workplaces to have positive practices on issues like mental health and the menopause.
We also use our collective voice to persuade the government of the things our members need and want at work and beyond, too.
In the April issues of our sector magazines, we look at our current campaigning activities and what they mean nationally and locally, politically and practically, long-term and day-to-day.
- In Your voice in education and early years we look at how the early years shape us all and highlight our Early Years Charter ahead of its launch in June;
- Your voice in finance follows up on our work on abusive relationships as well as ‘going green’;
- Your voice in justice and custodial looks at the latest developments in keeping us safe, both physically and mentally;
- Your voice in light industries highlights how we can grow sustainable industries at a time when manufacturing is under pressure like never before;
- Your voice in logistics focuses on our driver campaign and unique benefit package as well as our ongoing work to improve working conditions;
- Your voice in steel and metals includes updates on our We Need Our Steel campaign as we fight for the future of our steel industry; and
- Your voice in the third sector takes as its theme ‘working for you’ and the members who volunteer their time to support their fellow members.
Comments and suggestions
If you’ve got any comments about the magazines or suggestions for an article – especially if you’d be interested in writing one – please contact the editor.