Our Early Years Charter sets out key changes that we want to see implemented for nannies and the early years workforce. This includes:
- Recognition that early years staff and nannies are educators not babysitters.
- Recognition of the specialised work that early years staff and nannies undertake.
- Increased funding for early years settings that adequately covers the cost of provision.
- Improved wages for staff in recognition of the specialised work they do and to support recruitment and retention into the sector.
- Raising the profile of nannies and other early years professionals to address the recruitment and retention crisis.
- Streamlined professional development opportunities for staff.
Help us put pressure on the government to implement these vital changes and sign our Early Years Charter today.
Step 1: Sign our charter
"*" indicates required fields
Step 2: Raise awareness
There is plenty you can do to help us raise awareness of this issue. You can download our resources pack which contains graphics to help you spread the word on social media, or with your colleagues, friends and family about the Early Years Charter. Not sure what to say? Use our 1-click tweet by clicking here.
You can also use our draft letter to contact your MP and call on their support. You can find the details for your MP and how to contact them here.
Step 3: Not a member? Join Community
We are proud to represent thousands of early years professionals across the UK and to campaign for better pay and conditions for the sector. Don’t work in early years? Not a problem, at Community, we provide specialist support across every sector in the UK economy – you can find out more about our membership benefits here.
If you have any questions about the Early Years Charter, getting involved or joining Community, please contact us at email@example.com.