Too many people across the UK don’t understand what it means to be self-employed. From our sectors and jobs, our hours and pay, to the support we need. These are our stories.
The self-employed spotlight
The self-employed workforce is a broad church from all walks of life. From accountants to bouncy castle makers, we represent them all. Get to know some of our members below.
We’re campaigning for a new deal for the self-employed and we need your help! This is how you can get involved:
- The introduction of a safety net by introducing sick pay and paid parental leave to the self employed
- The extension of, and stronger, health and safety rights and protections at work
- Changes to Universal Credit and the pensions system so they work for the self employed
- A new Commissioner for the self-employed in government
- The redrawing of the definitions of self-employment to be more inclusive
Help us create a better future, sign now: