Research and Campaigns Officer
Working as part of the union’s Research, Communications, and Policy Unit (RCPU), the Research and Campaigns Officer will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering support to all levels of the union on industrial and research issues. The role will involve supporting the union’s internal research requirements, developing the union’s external policy agenda, and working to develop effective campaigns.
- Support the union’s industrial, collective-bargaining and organising agenda through the provision of user-friendly research, advice and briefings on industrial and company-specific issues, and attending relevant meetings as required.
- Work with the Head of Research and Policy to deliver the union’s internal constitutional obligations and promote the union’s policy agenda, including drafting motions, amendments and speeches for conferences, and drafting briefings for both internal and external audiences.
- Work with the Head of Media, Campaigns and Politics to support Community’s political agenda and work to develop high quality campaigns which engage the union’s membership and deliver the union’s policy objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade union and political policy processes
- Experience of dealing with politicians and their staff
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to write clearly for a range of audiences – comfortable presenting to audiences
- Project and campaign management skills
- Ability to effectively manage workload
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Willingness to work flexibly and adapt to organisational needs
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- A commitment to the union’s equality and diversity policy and objectives
- A commitment to the union’s mission, vision and values
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of speech writing for political audiences
- Strong political awareness within the labour movement
To apply, please download and complete an Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community has been awarded the Positive about Disabled People Award. Please contact Personnel on 0207 420 4019 should you require the application documents in an alternative format or have any other enquiries.
The closing date for applications is 17:00 Friday 1st September.